Nov 10, 2010
I'm a real beginner at this stuff, so I'm grateful for this website. Anyway, I decided to create a little program as a practice and to make my life a little bit easier, but because of my low skills, I'm a little stuck. I hope this isn't too confusing. But this is what I'm trying to do.I have a text box, a button, and a combo box. I want to do the following.
View 8 Replies
1. Enter text into the text box.
2. Press the button, the name from the text box appears in combo box.
3. The program takes the text from the text box, open a text file and searches the text file for that text.
4. Once found, the program identifies the line in the text file and copies only the first numbers (id) in the file until the comma.
5. The numbers are inserted into a variable under the combo box name from the text box.
6. When the name is selected in the combo box, a website opens up and adds the id at the end of the url.
-This is an example of what the text file contents will be like.