Thread Not Start When Click On Button

Mar 16, 2011

I am new with threads in vb.net. I write the following code i use imports system.threading
declare thread as dim read as thread Then on a start btn click i write the following code

[Code]...

View 6 Replies

ADVERTISEMENT

Unable To Click "start" Then The Start Button Disappears Then A Progress Bar Shows Up In Its Place?

Jun 2, 2010

This is a quick mock up of what my application looks like.Trying to incorporate a progress bar. I want to be able to click "start" then the start button disappears then a progress bar shows up in its place.

View 36 Replies

Listview - Add A User In My Listview And Click The Start Button Both Of Them Start Their Time

Jul 10, 2011

I want to start the time in one user only because when i add a user in my listview and click the start button both of them start their time. how can only start one user only? and when i select the other user and start their time the first one that i start is continues deducting a time.

This is my code:

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Form1_Load(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
With Timer1
.Interval = 1000 '// set interval to 1,000, which is 1 second.

[CODE]...

View 8 Replies

Progress Bar While Click A Button To Start Web Cam

Oct 28, 2009

i`m trying to use a progress bar while i click a button to start my web cam. It needs about 2-3 seconds to display the web cam capture image in my picture box. When i use the following code the progress bar starts only when the capture image is displayed in my picture box, it waits those seconds to start. What can i do about that problem?

[Code]....

View 7 Replies

Start A New Program When Click A Button?

Aug 9, 2009

What code do I use to start a new program when I click a button?

View 12 Replies

Button Click Event And Current Thread?

Jan 18, 2012

I have a processing in a do loop. In variois points within the loop I check if the variable "bCancel" is true. If so then I exit the loop and terminate the treatment. When I click the "Cancel" button, I set the variable "bCancel" to true. Basic stuff, but I would like to know how the click event is ran while my current thread is busy looping? I've found a reference to a "Gui thread" on the net but Its not very clear is this thread in inside windows or the .NET frameworks?

View 7 Replies

How To Call Sub And Pass Thread On Button Click

May 30, 2011

I have a 3 functions that should be called in order, that I want to do this in a thread say about 20 for each argument I pass. So for example

sub process_work(arg)
result1= function1( arg )
result2= function2(result1 )
result3= function3( result2 )
listview.items.add( result3 )
end sub

How do I call this sub and pass to thread on button click. Is it possible to spawn new thread it I pass argument to this sub and the current or last one is busy?

View 11 Replies

Set And Start Timer When Input Value And Click Button?

Aug 27, 2009

i am trying to set up and start the timer for few seconds when I input the timer seconds value in the textbox and click the button, wait for the timer to countdown then show up the messagebox. [code]When I input the timer value in the textbox and I have clicked the button, it did not start the timer for a few seconds which it show the messagebox straight away! How do i start the timer for a few seconds by input the value in the textbox and click the button then wait for few seconds while the timer start to countdown then show the messagebox??

View 4 Replies

Click Execute Button To Start Sequence Of Tasks

May 12, 2009

I am looking for a method to dynamically execute blocks of code ('tasks') in a VB.Net program for a mobile robot. The bulk of the program is running in the background retrieving variables from serial ports, APIs, and the like. The user would select a task in the form of a toolbox button which pops up a dialog to enter task parameters. An accept button would add the task with the parameters to a list. The user would add more tasks to the list as necessary, and then click an 'Execute' button to start the sequence of tasks. The program would then perform the first task with the given parameters until finished, and then start the next task in the sequence and so on.

An example task would be:
GPS Navigate:

A Parameter dialog opens and a destination is entered in the form of GPS coordinates. At run-time the task compares its current GPS position with the position entered in the parameter dialog. It calculates the direction to go and drives the motors accordingly. This particular task would loop until current position = destination position. Move on to next task. The code within the tasks themselves is not the problem, just the execution of the tasks.

View 6 Replies

Converting VB6 Code - Click On Start Button, It Freezes Up ?

Apr 25, 2009

I am back - I have my code - it is part of another main form for a child's desktop view. I have it in a console app that works great. My new form has 3 text boxes, and a start button - txtquestions, txtUserAnswer, txtResults and cmdStart - to start the game. I made some slight changes in the numbers, because I needed it for a younger child (6-7), and removed 1 case in the case select (a square root problem too much for a little one). I click on Start button, and it freezes up. I am in Debug, but do not get any kind of problems showing me a bad line of code.

Here is my code:

Public Shared Function Parse(ByVal txtUserAnswer As String, ByVal provider As IFormatProvider) As Integer

End Function

Private Sub cmdStart_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles cmdStart.Click
Dim endprog As String = "YES" 'define the answer for not ending the game

[CODE]......................

I am not sure about the loops, but it doesn't just freeze up anymore, as in an endless loop. Now I am getting a stop at the first 'parse'. I actually followed the instructions in a VB 2008 book to do this, and in the help section of Visual Studio with the function and the parsing. But, that is where it stops - I know I had to convert the input into - at least I think I did. The text box for input is just that input. The user's answer is typically a number, except for at the end.

View 4 Replies

Sound Recording Start / Stop In Button Click

Oct 9, 2010

I want to include a functionality in my application such that when the user clicks on a button, the user should be able to record the voice, and when stopped, the sound should be saved. Here's what I wrote for the Start and Stop button.

[Code]...

View 2 Replies

VS 2008 Start Custom .exe File By Click Of Button?

Sep 6, 2009

But thing is I renamed this player to myplayer.mo so will it work like a normal exe or is that not duable ( I know u can do this in VB6 ) but not sure how its done in VB 2008

View 39 Replies

Auto-click Button1 Infinite Times With A Start Button?

Sep 3, 2009

I was just wondering if it's possible to autoclick a button without having to use the mouse hover or mouse click. I want my program to autoclick the button infinite times or as commanded by the start and stop button.

I want to click the button1 every 1 second until the stop button is clicked without using the mouse (X,Y) method if possible or which ever way is best.

View 6 Replies

Unable To Click A Button On Application And The Start Menu Appears?

Jul 27, 2011

I want to be able to click a button on my application and the start menu appears where I've clicked. This (if possible) will replace my shell.exe. I know that with EmergeDesktop, you can show the start menu by right-clicking the desktop. How do you do that?

View 2 Replies

VS 2005 : Prevent The Application To Start Twice If The User Double Click On The Button?

May 26, 2009

I have a GUI with a few button on it and each button start an application. I want to prevent the application to start twice if the user double click on the button. How can I do that?

View 7 Replies

.net - Why Cancelling 6 WebRequest Using Task.Start Takes Longer That Thread.Start

Jul 24, 2011

I have custom asynchronous WebRequest class that I am testing to find out how fast the request will be cancelled and found some odd results, that starting 6 WebRequests with TPL and cancelling them right away takes 25 sec, but when I used just regular background threads it took only 5 sec.

Update: Running them without cancelling takes with Task.Start 9 sec and Thread.Start 3 sec accordingly.
Imports System.Net
Imports System.Threading

[Code]....

View 1 Replies

Use WebBrowser Object In Thread's Operation (start Thread)

Jun 11, 2009

i want to have some web browsers which navigate wile the thread is running and my problem is that I want to use a web browser object from .net in a thread. when i put a webbrowser object in my form, called webbrowser1, i cant reach it in the thread's operation(start thread). when i type webbroeser1 in the thread it doesn't undrestand what webbrowser1 is.

View 5 Replies

Start New Thread As Soon As Previously Thread Gets Finished?

Jul 23, 2010

i have to develop windows service which will copy files to different servers.So i have to do this task using multi-theading.But i have to start only 3-4 threads.So whenever one threads get finished then i have to start new thread so that count of thread should remain 3 or 4

View 5 Replies

Reset Rtb1 Back To Default ("ThreadAmountEdit=[Thread Amount]") On Button Click

Dec 6, 2011

Here is my case:I have a richtextbox called Rtb1 I have the text property for this control set to "ThreadAmountEdit=[Thread Amount]" This was set through the RichTextBox Tasks function, by clicking the control and selecting the little arrow in the top right corner. In working on my form, I edit the text "[Thread Amount]" of the rich text box to "45". What I need is to be able to reset Rtb1 back to default ("ThreadAmountEdit=[Thread Amount]")on button click.

I've tried: Rtb1.Refresh() which doesn't appear to do anything I've also tried Rtb1.ResetText() which completely clears the textbox.

View 2 Replies

VS 2008 - Click A Button, It Will Start Typeing Something Such As "Hello World"

Jun 9, 2012

If i can make it so if you click a button, it will start typeing something such as "Hello world!" or something?

View 5 Replies

Disable Right Click And To Disable The Start Button And Task Bar?

May 16, 2009

to disable right click and to disable the start button and task bar?

View 4 Replies

When A Button Is Clicked It Will Make The Program Start On Start-up

Mar 29, 2009

How can I make it so when a button is clicked it will make the program start on start-up but only if the checkbox is checked?

View 9 Replies

User Can Just Start Typing In The Data Without Having To Physically Click In The Cell To Start Entering Data?

Aug 12, 2009

I have a form where the user chooses a facility and then the list of patients for that facility are displayed in a data grid view. When I click to add a resident, the last name field on the data grid view is highlighted in blue below the last record that already exists.If I try to start typing without clicking in that cell, the facility changes - it looks like the control is still in the facility drop down box. How can I code it so that the user can just start typing in the data without having to physically click in the cell to start entering data?

View 5 Replies

Does Changing Forms Start A New Thread

Feb 17, 2012

I have a basic form which call functions on a numbers of different forms up to (30), Do these functions run in parrallel, or are they run sequentually.Each function as present calls for disk access, if the threads are running in series, this will present a considrable relay, this is not acceptable.

View 10 Replies

Start New Thread Adds 4-6 Handles?

Nov 16, 2011

Check process handle count:In Task manager, View, Select columns, mark Handle Count to the view.(The process when loaded has about 333 handles)

Operation:The new thread is set equal to an existing thread, then the existing thread is started and aborted. How does one restore the old handle count? Why do the handles increase by a random number and do not revert?

How can Idisposable/CloseHandle/or GC.collect, Finalize() work in this situation? I'm trying to return the handles to their original count, 333, when I start a new thread it adds 4,5, or 6 handles per new thread(even if the thread is aborted and set to nothing).

[Code]...

View 6 Replies

Start The Thread To Load Resultset?

Jun 7, 2010

Could anybody tell me which event is good to start the thread to load resultset?

Example :
Dim Table As DataTable
Sub LoadItem
Dim BL As New BLItem
BL.LoadResultSet()

[Code]...

View 2 Replies

Form Callback - Create A Module That Will Start A Thread

Mar 2, 2012

i am trying to create a module that will start a thread to go do something. once the "something" is done i want to notify the calling form that the event is complete. i left out the thread stuff since its not relevant to the question. the following code would work fine in VB6, but .net sees it as an error because FRM does not have a FRM.done, "DoSomething" would could called by multiple forms [Code]

View 2 Replies

Press A Button - If I Clicked The Button In Form2 It Would Automaticlly, Click The Button In Form1?

Oct 30, 2010

Using 2 forms how would I click one button, from another form? ie In VB 4,5,6, I would used to do it as:-

Form 1:

private sub Command1_Click()

msgbox "Say Hello"

End Sub[code].....

If I clicked the button in form2, it would automaticlly, click the button in form1. Do I, do it the same way in VB Express or has it changed?

View 5 Replies

VS 2008 Start Timer On A Separate Thread, So It Doesn't Block The UI?

Sep 17, 2009

Is it possible to start a timer on a separate thread so it doesn't block the user interface, or do I have to make a thread that I call from the timer?

View 2 Replies

Make A Countdown Timer Of 60 S That Will Start Once "Start" Button Is Clicked?

Dec 10, 2009

We only have few meetings for Computer subject that's why time did not permit us to discuss timer codes. Anyway, my concern (I think) is just simple (though I really do not know how to start).I plan to make a countdown timer of 60 s that will start once "Start" button is clicked and will display a message box when it reaches 0. I only know the codes for message boxes.

View 7 Replies

Copyrights 2005-15 www.BigResource.com, All rights reserved