Thread Pool Download Multiple Files At Once?

Sep 2, 2009

I'm trying to use the thread pool to download more than one string at a time. But most of the tutorial on threading is in C# or C++ so my knowledge on thread pool is limited.

Here's what I got so far.

Imports System.Threading
Imports System.Net
Imports System.Text.RegularExpressions

[Code]....

I keep getting an error "Cross-thread operation not valid: Control 'Listbox1' accessed from a thread other than the thread it was created on." And it still seems to be downloading it one by one to me.

View 10 Replies

ADVERTISEMENT

How To Add Thread Pool To This

Mar 8, 2009

I have a code that basically grab data from a file, split into array and use a FOR loop to input data into a different file. I want to use thread pool to create multiple threads to do a specific task. For example for the array() I want a thread to read the first item in a array and perform the task, a second thread reads the second item and perform the task, a third thread reads the third item and perform the task, etc. How would I add thread pool to something like:

Public Class Form1
Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
Dim data As String

[code]....

View 1 Replies

Implements A Thread Pool With Webrequest?

May 24, 2012

I have about 1000 webrequest created. Each link will navigate to a website and download a picture to place into a picturebox.

The person will then type in what animal is in the picture into a textbox. Then the user will then hit the submit button to send the name of the animal back to the site.

I am going to implement the use of a thread pool to handle the threading portion of those requests.

What is the best method to get my webrequest into the thread pool (listbox, txt file,etc?) and then how can I setup my button to coordniate with the site that is coming out of the pool to the picture box?

My first thought is to create everything on the fly. The picturebox, the textbox, and the submit button, the webrequest to the site for the picture and back again for the result. Something tells me that I will be taking the long way around to get same result.

My second thought is to have a slew of pictureboxes, textboxes, and buttons already on my screen and then when they come out of the pool and into a thread they would assigned a picturebox, textbox, and button if the others are not busy.

View 4 Replies

Read All Txt In A Folder Into A Thread Pool?

May 29, 2012

I am going to implements a thread pool to run my application. All of my content is saved under a folder on my desktop.

Each of the files are in .txt format. How can I read each .txt from a given folder and then put the .txt file into the thread pool / thread queue?

View 1 Replies

Way To Implements A Thread Pool With Webrequest?

May 25, 2012

I have about 1000 webrequest created. Each link will navigate to a website and download a picture to place into a picturebox.The person will then type in what animal is in the picture into a textbox. Then the user will then hit the submit button to send the name of the animal back to the site.I am going to implement the use of a thread pool to handle the threading portion of those requests.My question is this:What is the best method to get my webrequest into the thread pool (listbox, txt file,etc?) and then how can I setup my button to coordniate with the site that is coming out of the pool to the picture box?My first thought is to create everything on the fly. The picturebox, the textbox, and the submit button, the webrequest to the site for the picture and back again for the result. Something tells me that I will be taking the long way around to get same result.

View 2 Replies

What Is The Max Number Of Threads In The Thread Pool

Sep 22, 2009

I've been reading up on multi-threading and just have a couple trivia questions that are ambiguous given my sources:

1) What is the max number of threads in the thread pool? The number 25 is used but I have on reference that says 25 per CPU and another that says 25 per core. I realize that both can be right but before I start making flagrant design decisions I'd like some validation.

2) Let's say I'm in the body of a delegate and I call a function or sub. Does that function/sub remain in the thread or does it revert to the parent thread? I'm guessing the former would be much easier to implement so that's probably what MS did but you just can never tell.

View 10 Replies

How To Read All .text In A Folder Into A Thread Pool

May 29, 2012

I am going to implements a thread pool to run my application. All of my content is saved under a folder on my desktop.Each of the files are in .txt format. How can I read each .txt from a given folder and then put the .txt file into the thread pool / thread queue?

View 2 Replies

Running Threads In Thread.Pool Sequential?

May 19, 2012

I have several threads in my WinForm and I am running them via Thread.Pool, what I need to know is that how can I run them sequentially.

example:

Thread1 => me.label1.text = "Thread1"
Thread2 => me.label2.text = "Thread2"
Thread3 => me.label3.text = "Thread3"

In my Form_Load event, I have a line as follows:

[Code]...

View 8 Replies

Safe While Using A Thread Pool With A Global Mysqlconnection?

Mar 1, 2011

Im creating a service for a mobile platform and I need to process user messages on a different thread than they were created on to leave the threadpool open.Anyway my App will be using a MySQL database and when it gets a message it will add the message to Another thread pool. But in the sub that procceses the messages I will need to perform query's on the database. So i know i can use a global variable and it will be visible to all threads but is making database operations safe while using a thread pool with a global mysqlconnection?

View 2 Replies

Trap Exceptions In Thread Pool Threads?

Jun 15, 2012

I have a thread pool that send file using ftp protocol. I encapsulated the call for threadpoll with try catch believing that the thrown exception inside the threadpool will be catch by the main thread. Instead the system terminate whenever i throw an exception from inside the threadpool. Also I design the Clsftp.ftpsend class to throw an exception related to ftp error. Basically my design for handling the error is just like the code below.

'Main thread
Private Sub BttnStartSending_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles BttnStartSending.Click
try
Dim objparam As New ThreadParameter

[code]....

View 7 Replies

How To Download Multiple Files

Apr 9, 2011

I am new in Webserver. My application is on VS2008(VB.NET) in windows application. Some Customer upload orders in .txt files. Now I want to download all the .txt file at once. How can I do that?

View 17 Replies

Download Multiple Files And Folders

Jun 21, 2010

i have been assigned a project by my organization to make a portal using vb.net which would list all the files and folders kept at the server, and i need to add a functionality wherein on a single click the user should be able to download all the files present in a particular a listbox which contains various files selected for the download, iam using file.copy method for this as the files are to be copied in the intranet only but this works fine when i run it on my computer but as soon as i deploy it and in the client server architecture the files are not copied even to the server nor in the client, although no error is shown. [code]

View 13 Replies

Forms :: Download Multiple Files?

Jun 27, 2009

Now to download a file i have used My.Computer.Network.DownloadFileThis works for the first file but then crashes when it goes to download a second file leavign me with the world most inexplicable exception message: "Illegal characters in path."

Here is the line it occurs on:
My.Computer.Network.DownloadFile(server & patch_files(patched_files), "C:UsersAJDesktopTemp" & patch_files(patched_files))

[code].....

View 4 Replies

VS 2010 Download Multiple Files?

Aug 20, 2011

My current code is Imports System.Net Imports System.IO Public Class Form1

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click#
Using wc As New WebClient()
wc.DownloadFile("http://link.com/1.swf", Path.Combine("1.swf"))
End Using
End Sub
End Class

And that work's like a charm, however say there was swf's from 1 to 2700 or so, how would i go around making it download each of those files one at a time or all at once? I could do a loop but I'm not the best in Visual Basic 2010

View 25 Replies

Download Multiple Files With Webclient.DownloadFileAsync?

Nov 14, 2011

I have a desktop application from where i want to download files from the web server. when i am downloading a single file then there is no problem. but when i want to download more than one file there is an error like "WebClient does not support concurrent I/O operations".

View 6 Replies

Download Multiple Files, It Doesn't Work?

Nov 1, 2011

I have a class that is a downloader (I didnt make it). You create an instance of it like so:

Dim _Down As New WebFileDownloader_Down.DownloadFileWithProgress(URL, Location)URL and Location are replaced by strings. This all works fine. But when I try to download multiple files, it doesn't work, I just add this bit for another file to be downloaded:

[Code]...

View 3 Replies

C# - Prevent System.Timers.Timer From Queuing For Execution On A Thread Pool?

Feb 2, 2011

There is a problem with standard System.Timers.Timer behaviour. The timer raise Elapsed event with some interval. But when time of execution inside Elapsed event handler exceed timer interval then thread pool begin queuing event handling. This is a problem in my case. This is because with my Elapsed event handler I fetch some data from database and doing something with it and finally save results back to database. But data handling should be provided only once. So, is there a way to prevent from queuing elapse events for System.Timers.Timer.

As illustration for this issue you can consider next test program:

[code]...

2) Second way is about SynchronizingObject, but it is a valuable only for Windows form application or required additional development of code for implementing object that would be implements ISynchronizeInvoke interface. More about this way you can find here

View 4 Replies

Download Multiple Files At The Same Time From A Remote Server?

Aug 12, 2011

Is there any way to download multiple files at the same time from a remote server? How I am doing it currently is I get a list of files from the target folder on the server then I loop through that list & download each file 1 at a time. For 100 small files it takes about 45 seconds. I'm guessing that the bulk of the time it takes is logging in to the server for each file to download, so 100 files means it has to login, download & logoff 100 times. Is it possible to login just once, download the 100 files then logout?

View 2 Replies

VS 2010 Download Multiple Files Acync - Progressbar?

Jul 28, 2010

I'm downloading 3 files from the server using wClient, which goes ok, but I was wondering if the progressbar% is correct.

vb.net
Private WithEvents wClient As New WebClientPrivate WithEvents w2Client As New WebClientPrivate WithEvents w3Client As New WebClient wClient.DownloadFileAsync(New Uri("http://...w2Client.DownloadFileAsync(New Uri("http://...w3Client.DownloadFileAsync(New Uri("http://...' progressbarPrivate Sub wClient_DownloadProgressChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As

[Code]...

View 20 Replies

Download Multiple Files With A Wildcard Pattern Using Webclient DownloadFile?

Jun 10, 2011

How to download multiple files with a wildcard pattern using webclient DownloadFile? Like project* from [URL]..

View 1 Replies

Calculate The Download Speed If Use A Webclient To Download Files Async?

Jun 10, 2009

how can I calculate the download speed if I use a webclient to download files async

View 2 Replies

File I/O And Registry :: AVI Header - Program To Download And Play AVI Files The Files Are Large In Size And Long Time Wise

Dec 11, 2011

I wrote a program to download and play AVI files the files are large in size and long time wise. I have the files playing as they are being downloaded but i can't see how long the file is or seek reliably. i was reading that the AVI headers are in the last 512kb of the AVI file *why would't they put it at the start* lol so my question is is there a way to download the last 512Kb of the file i'm downloading. i have the Bytes Read and Length of the file while its downlaoding i'm just not sure where to go from there, or how to do it atleast. If i had the length in time of the Avi file i could set the trackbar to be able to seek properly. or if someone has an idea how i could get the time of the video by using fps and some math i could prob do it that way too but idk how i would tell how i can find how many kb are in the fps i'm sure it changes so think that way is't going to be reliable. how to get the last 512kb would be the best option not sure if it can be done even.

View 4 Replies

Download Outside Of A Thread The Program Dosnt Respond For Those 10 Seconds?

Dec 10, 2011

I have been making a downloader in vb.net everything is working fine Appart from the downloading, it takes around 10 seconds for the download to start Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?The download is being done in a thread and before when I have tried to download outside of a thread the program dosnt respond for those 10 seconds

[Code]...

View 1 Replies

VS 2008 - Ftp Download - Thread Reports It's Progressto Another Form (to Progress Bar)

Jul 12, 2010

I hve threaded ftp download, and that thread reports it's progressto another form (to progress bar). Now, when thread downloads, progress of thread is much slower than actual download is, so for instance: all files get downloaded, but the progressbar is at 50% or even less. Is there a way to track the progress of actual FTP download.

View 7 Replies

Download Multiple File + Progressbar But Cant Download File

Nov 10, 2011

i try to download multiple file + progressbar.. but its seems nothing happened and the file is not download.. my program just function like.. when the file was error.. it will download the latest file from webhost..

[code]...

View 2 Replies

Download All Files In Dir?

Feb 13, 2011

Im haveing trouble getting this code to loop.Im trying to download files for which I have got the file names listed in listbox3.At the end of each file d/l ive got it to preformclick() to refresh the downloaded file list.Ive got it to d/l one at a time and moves to the next in the listbox but stops there, atm ive taken the do while out as it doesnt work.

'Tab2 Download all server SS
'(RFN is Remote File Name/path, LFN is Local File Name/path as string)
Dim RFN As String
Dim LFN As String

[code]....

View 2 Replies

Download VB Files One By One?

Apr 23, 2012

I have a problem with my file download function.

[code]...

My problem is with my loop all files downloading at the same time but i want to download them one by one one will finish and other will start

View 5 Replies

How To Download Files

Mar 18, 2011

My last topic about finding a file is now resolved i just had to get the subdirectories and there will always be one so i know how to do that. My next question i am lost at. My program is going to download multiple files and each file gets downloaded to a certain directory.

[Code]...

View 3 Replies

Asp.net - Implement Security Trimming With A Website With Multiple Folders And Multiple Web.config Files?

Jun 18, 2012

I have a website that has highly granulised access and hence requires many web.config files. The problem is I would like to trim the menu so that only certain users will have access to certain folders. I have enabled trimming and setup roles in the sitemap, however when I access the page the menu is not show, as I am authorized to view the default page which is not in a subfolder. When I type the url of a page in sub folder's I have access.

How should I handle this:

A site map for each web.config file - don't know how this will work Removing the sub web.config file to only use a single one

View 3 Replies

Can't Download Compiled Files

Jul 23, 2010

I understand you can't download compiled files because of viruses but how do you use the seperate files? I downloaded something and it only gave me a bunch of .frm and .frmx files.

View 5 Replies

Copyrights 2005-15 www.BigResource.com, All rights reserved